14 Jun 16th Street Mall Construction
Renovations to start between Larimer and Lawrence streets!
The 16th Street Mall Project will begin mobilization activities on the block between Larimer and Lawrence streets as soon as Monday, May 2. You can expect to see fences going up and short-term lane closures to allow equipment deliveries to the site.
Workdays and hours are anticipated to be Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Weekend work will occur between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Material deliveries and staging may occur overnight. Construction work and schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Here’s what you can expect during the first phase of construction, which will last approximately 12-13 months:
• Work begins in the center transitway area;
• Pedestrian walkways and access to storefronts will be maintained on both sides of the Mall, but walkways will be narrower;
• 10 feet will be maintained on the south side of the 16th Street Mall. On the north side, tree planting will limit some areas to 5 feet;
• Fencing will surround the work site and have signs to direct people traveling on the Mall;
• Gates and flaggers will be on-site at intersections to direct drivers and pedestrians as needed; and
• All businesses will remain accessible.
Pre-construction utility work is expected on 16th Street Mall from Blake to Market streets, from Lawrence to Arapahoe streets and from Champa to Stout Streets. For more information, visit denvergov.org/16thStreetMall.