April 2016 LoDoNA Board Meeting Minutes

April 12, 2016

In Attendance: Kelly Dick, Andy Youtz, Andy Davis, Tracey Pool, Kirk Dielman,

Jenny Usaj, Mike West, Linda Lipsius and Kirstan Borne

Reviewed and approved the minutes of the March 8, 2016 board meeting.

Our meeting was held at Jenny Usaj’s office in the Palace Lofts due to the inability to access the community room at Northern Trust.  Next month we will meet at Northern Trust and beginning on June 14th we will meet in the  Executive Boardroom at the Hyatt Regency.  Thank you Tracey.

Jim Merrill was not present so we did not review the monthly treasurer’s report of the finances. 

There was a discussion of ideas for the Summer Event.  It was decided to pursue a block party event in August or September.  Jenny Usaj will check with Coohill’s to obtain information about doing a joint event with Coohill’s Beats on the Street summer concert series or having a separate event on the bridge.  Andy Youtz will find out whether we could do an event at Union Station in the area in front of The Terminal Bar.  Both will report back to the board.  Kelly will check with Jim Merrill concerning a budget for the summer block party or other event.  We also discussed some back up locations at The Barclay or the rooftop at Andy Davis’ building. 

Kirstan reported on the LoDoNA Women’s Group, which is discussing a Furry Friends Event in July.  She asked whether and how much LoDoNA could contribute to such an event.  They would like a few more people from LoDoNA to participate.  They are discussing whether to have a series of Furry Friends events on the same Saturdays as the Farmer’s Market. 

A LoDoNA resident Derrick Schimmell expressed an interest in joining the board and Kelly invited him to attend a future meeting to meet us.  Joe Howell resigned from the board due to personal time commitments, etc. 

Lara Davies forwarded to Kelly an e-mail from John Stahl at Hammersmith Management Company.  He had expressed an interest in helping to sponsor some of our events.  Kelly and Andy Davis will contact him. 

Chair reports were provided.  Andy Youtz reported that the time for appeal of the denial of the liquor license for 1414 Market Street had expired.  We opposed the application.  He also reported that the committee entered into a strong Good Neighbor Agreement with P.S. 303 Restaurant which is at 16th and Chestnut. 

Andy Davis moved, Tracey seconded and it passed to approve the Good Neighbor Agreement with P.S. 303 Restaurant.  

Andy Davis and Jack Tone will attend an upcoming meeting on The Commons.

The WeeBoT at the Mike Wright Gallery was successful.  The next WeeBoT may be at Bauer’s on April 28th.  Andy Davis will provide an e-mail notice.  We will do some checking on whether we have any “Thank You” notes available for use after our events.  

The Building Outreach Chair Kirk Dielman met with Ayn Fox of LoDo Angels and requested permission to work on a joint meeting of the LoDO Loft Reps and LoDo Angels tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, July 13th.  Kirk will begin contacting the Loft Reps in preparation for the meeting.  Kelly indicated that LoDoNA could provide $40-50 for refreshments at the meeting. 

Linda reported that LoDo Young Families had a meeting and is getting off of the ground.  She also has a facebook page for LoDo Runners. 

Tracey reported LoDo Cares had a meeting yesterday and they are discussing a fine dining fund raising event for the Barth Hotel.  More will be reported next month.

Jenny reported that as LoDo District Liaison she met with Terry Hershey and will take over as our representative, including being on the Public Realm subcommittee.  She also reported that there are some LoDo Development walking tours available this week-end on and she will send us an e-mail on the same.  

Kirstan reported that there was nothing new from the Membership Committee, however, she reported on ideas for the street scape on Wynkoop Street from Union Station to 21st Street area. 

The meeting adjourned at 7:15.  The next meeting will be on May 10th.