May 2015 LoDoNA Board Meeting Minutes

MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

OF THE LOWER DOWNTOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION

HELD May 11, 2015

Pursuant to proper notice, a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Lower Downtown Neighborhood Association was held on May 11, 2015 beginning at 5:30 p.m.  The meeting was adjourned at 6:59 pm.  In attendance were: Lara Davies, Kelly Dick, Terry Hershey, Joe Howe, Joyce Lozow, Kirstan Marks, Adam Smith, Jack Tone, and Chuck White.

Kelly Dick, Co-President, chaired the meeting and Lara Davies, recorded the minutes.

Minutes: Changes were made to Joyce’s title, Jack’s title, and the date of the next meeting.  Joyce made a motion that we approve the April minutes.  Jack seconded.  All were in favor and the motion passed.

Treasurer’s Report: Kelly gave Jim’s report.  He is still waiting for payment from the Partnership, Alpine Bank, and Great American Z Block for sponsorship for Annual Meeting.  This will total $1500.  Joyce will follow-up. 

Terry made a motion that we approve LoDoNA purchasing a license to Quicken Books on the Cloud for $15 per month for the Treasurer’s work.  Jim will work out the details of this purchase and report back to the board.  Joe seconded this and all were in favor.  The motion passed.

Secretary: Kelly asked if minutes could be ready the week of the meeting on Friday, rather than waiting till the next month.  Lara said she would inform Cat. 

WeeBOT Chair: The last WeeBOT was April 30th at ZoeMaMa.  Zip Cars has expressed interest in sponsoring two WeeBOTs.  The board thought this was a good idea and that Joe should reach out to Bill or Carol for feedback on previous sponsorships of WeeBOT and a history of locations for WeeBOT.  Joyce said she could help Joe reach out to Carol too.

Lara reported that a description of the restaurant and picture or logo is used in all invites for WeeBOT.  Facebook is also updated with this information.   

Andrew will ask about us having an ice cream WeeBOT in July at Union Station at the ice cream shop.

GNC:  Adam made a motion that the board approve the Bistro Provencal – GNA.  It has succession language.  The restaurant has a patio but they will keep music in check.  Jack seconded.  All were in favor and the motion passed.

Adam made a motion that we approve the Amante Coffee GNA.  This coffee shop will be in the Oxford Annex.  It will be open till 7.  They red-lined the special events provision because they want to be able to do some special events and also red-lined the patio section because they don’t have one.  They also wanted a cabaret license.  Succession language is included.   Chuck second the motion.  All were in favor and the motion passed. 

There was a discussion of the new marijuana friendly hotel – Nativ.  Adam will be keeping an eye on it.   

Partnership Chair: Kelly reported that Jenny reached out to Commons Park and others in the neighborhood about the fenced off area in the park and that she will have a report at the next meeting.

Communications Chair: The next newsletter is coming out mid-May and website updates will be coming out by next month.

Lara asked the board if someone could take over nametags and invites.  This was left off the list of responsibilities that were divided out among board members at the previous meeting.  Kirstan agreed to do nametags and invites for the Women’s Series and Joe agreed to do nametags and invites for the WeeBOTs.  Lara will train them.  Josh and Lara will work on nametags for the Annual Meeting.

Advocacy Chair:  Jack will reach out to Albus Brooks to come to one of our next meetings if Josh hasn’t reached out yet. 

Jack asked if the bus depot was still an issue.  Most board members agreed that it wasn’t any longer. 

Chuck brought up that a big issue for pedestrians is the Larimer and 15th bus stop.   Jack said he would reach out about it and report back.

Building Outreach Chair:  TJ was not present but Lara mentioned she would show him where the Loft Reps are stored so he can send emails/communicate with them.  Something for us all to think about is how do we get renters involved in our group.

Fundraising Chair: Chuck is willing to go with anyone on fundraising request meetings.

Union Station Liaison:  Andrew gave us an update on Hotel Palomar, Hotel Nativ, and ZBlock. 

Andrew said if he gets word of events at Union Station he will send for us and for the newsletter.  The fountains will start around Memorial Day.  The use recycled water. 

Membership Chair: Kirstan will add a paragraph about finding volunteers to help with WeeBOTs and invites/nametags for the newsletter.

When people tell us they want to volunteer via our website, Kirstan gets the email.  She will now send to the chairs and they should respond to the potential volunteer.  Lara will also update the website to list all the new chairs.

LoDo Cares Chair: Terry said the clean-up of the trail would be starting soon.  Terry will send updates.  We recently had a good turn-out for the playground clean-up.  LoDo Cares is taking 62 residents from the Barth to Acme at Union Station. The group agreed this would be good stuff for the newsletter.  Terry will send.

LoDo Cares would like to have LoDo named as a Creative District, which is a state certification.  They will take this to LoDo District and if they agree, get a group together to work on it.  Terry will report back to the group about the outcome. 

Co-presidents: Kelly will reach out to Greenway Foundation for update on Confluence Park.  Other people thought the creator of the DenverInfill site might be a good guest. 

Next Meeting - The meeting was adjourned at 6:47 pm and the next meeting will be June 8, 2015 at 5:30 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Lara Davies.