MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
OF THE LOWER DOWNTOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
HELD March 9, 2015
Pursuant to proper notice, a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Lower Downtown Neighborhood Association was held on March 9, 2015 beginning at 5:30 p.m. The meeting was adjourned at 6:51 pm. In attendance were: Josh Davies, Lara Davies, Kelly Dick, Andrew Guerra, David Hughes, Joyce Lozow, Kirstan Marks, Jim Merrill, Cat Tatman, Jack Tone, and Mike West.
Josh Davies, President, chaired the meeting and Secretary, Lara Davies, recorded the minutes.
Minutes: Jack made a motion that we approve the February minutes. Kelly seconded. All were in favor and the motion passed.
Review of Annual Meeting:
· The food was too light.
· We had several $5 memberships received.
· The screen in the back of the room was great.
· Always need a double sided buffet.
· There was a bottle neck because the bar was right by registration.
· Needed more bars.
· Great to not have to have board members set up the event space.
· Not enough coat racks.
· The attendees really enjoyed the content.
· Perhaps the compassion award should not be a secret so they can invite their family.
· Keeping the speakers comments short is good.
· We need to train new registration folks better on the Eventbrite apps, etc.
· Josh is available to help plan the 2016 annual meeting.
· We will probably be about $2K ahead in revenue. We were worried about paying for drinks for over 50 people and could have probably had more food with the amount of sponsorships. It was great to have MacSpa as a sponsor for our marketing efforts.
Cat made a motion to do a contest for new pictures for the website. The winner will receive a $50 gift card for Union Station restaurant (not for the Crawford Hotel). Jim seconded – all were in favor and the motion passed.
The remaining time left on Bill Chrismer’s board seat will be a one year term and the remaining time left on Carol Pike’s seat will be a two year term. Interested candidates are Philippa Greggory, Peggy Cruger, Chuck White, and Adam Smith. Jim made a motion to have Chuck replace Carol and Kirstan seconded it. All were in favor and the motion passed. We will fill the second seat officially in April.
The next WeeBOT will be at Lower 40 on April 2nd.
Josh brought up the fact that short term rentals may become a bigger issue over the coming months for our board.
David made a motion to approve the Zo Ma Ma GNC. Jack seconded. All were in favor and the motion passed.
Josh will not run again as President but will remain on the board to help out. Many board members recommended Terry as a replacement.
Jack made a motion that Jim remain as Treasurer. Mike seconded. All were in favor and the motion passed.
Joyce made a motion that Lara remain as Secretary. Kirstan seconded. All were in favor and the motion passed.
Josh suggested an approach to finding a new president could be to divide up the responsibilities and have the President’s main responsibility be running the board meeting.
David is also looking for a new Chairperson for the GNC.
Next Meeting - The meeting was adjourned at 6:51 pm and the next meeting will be April 9, 2015 at 5:30 pm.
Respectfully submitted, Lara Davies, Secretary