February 2015 LoDoNA Board Meeting Minutes



HELD February 16, 2015

 Pursuant to proper notice, a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Lower Downtown Neighborhood Association was held on February 16, 2015 beginning at 5:30 p.m.  The meeting was adjourned at 6:47 pm.  In attendance were: Andrew Guerra, Josh Davies, Lara Davies, Kelly Dick, Terry Hershey, Joe Howe, TJ Johnson, Kirstan Marks, Jim Merrill, Christine Santucci, Jack Tone, and Mike West.

Josh Davies, President, chaired the meeting and Secretary, Lara Davies, recorded the minutes.

Minutes: TJ made a motion that we approve the January minutes.  Kelly seconded.  All were in favor and the motion passed.

2015 Annual Meeting:

Sopra is the presenting sponsor for the meeting.  Other sponsors are Alpine Bank, Zi Block, Downtown Denver Partnership, Bouquets, Kentwood City, MacSpa (doing design work for poster and some other projects), and Downtown Denver News (running an ad).  We are close to around $2K for sponsorship.

We will start at 5:30 with the program and move into a reception. 

During the meeting we went on a tour and realized we would need about 5 greeters from 5-6 helping direct folks to the room.  Alpine Bank can help us with staffing greeters.  We will also send out an email describing how to get to the room the day before. 

Attendees will receive a drink ticket for coming and also one for renewing their membership.

We will make sign to help guide folks to the meeting that greeters can carry and Andrew will put a sign in Union Station. 

Christine helped get the posters ready and they are at everyone’s building ready to be disseminated.  Board members should ask businesses to put up signs.  Kirstan will contact a few newsletters to ask if we can put our event in them.

Mike West will be the welcome chair and Lara Davies will be the registration chair. 

Financial Update: Finances are good.  Jim renewed one of our insurance policies for $780 and will renew one later in the year for $1400.

March Meeting: We will have a March meeting.

Board News:

WeeBOT Director is going to be Joe.  Carol and Bill’s spots will both open up on the board.   Josh will also be stepping down as President after the annual meeting.

Next Meeting - The meeting was adjourned at 6:47 pm and the next meeting will be March 9, 2015 at 5:30 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Lara Davies, Secretary