May 2014 LoDoNA Board Meeting Minutes

MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

OF THE LOWER DOWNTOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION

HELD May 12, 2014

Pursuant to proper notice, a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Lower Downtown Neighborhood Association was held on May 12, 2014 beginning at 5:30 p.m.  The meeting was adjourned at 7:08 pm.  In attendance were: Bill Chrismer, Josh Davies, Lara Davies, Andrew Guerra, Terry Hershey, Joe Howe, David Hughes, TJ Johnson, Joyce Lozow, Kirstan Marks, Carol Pike, Cat Tatman, Jack Tone, Jenny Usaj, and Mike West.

Josh Davies chaired the meeting and Secretary, Lara Davies, recorded the minutes.

Minutes: Jack made a motion to pass the March minutes.  David seconded this motion.  All were in favor and the motion passed.

Good Neighbor Committee Update:

David reported on the four GNAs to be approved and made a motion that we pass them.  Bill seconded this motion.  The four agreements were: Kitchen Next Door, Alliance Center, Union Station Alliance, and the Mercantile Center.  Andrew recused himself from the Union Station Alliance vote.  All were in favor and the motion to approve all GNAs passed.

Note: We broke up into our small groups to discuss our plans for the year.

Advocacy:

This group wants to do a residents survey about bar closing times.  Jenny is going to find out about using survey monkey to do this.  We should send this out as a single email to members as well as include it in the newsletter.  The group wanted to include three or four scenarios with a couple of bullet points listing the pros and cons of each.  Then we should share the results in the following newsletter.

HOA Presidents:

The group thought we would have difficulty getting the Presidents to a separate meeting but thought perhaps they might come to our monthly board meeting.  The purpose of the event would be to have open communication and to discuss issues of the neighborhood.  The group suggested doing this in the Fall timeframe.

Membership:

We are going to keep a notice to renew membership in the newsletter for every issue.  Kirstan is going to write a draft letter to go out to all email addresses that we have in the system that are not members.  Josh will edit it and Lara will send it.  We will continue to have the membership flyer at all LoDoNA events so that folks can sign up for membership.  We will discuss the volunteer process at a future meeting.

TJ is going to explore some options for us for a true membership database rather than a communications database. 

Community Building/Social:

Lisa May has run into many issues with hosting an event at Union Station in the Grand Hall so it is doubtful this will happen.  We will table this until next year. 

We are instead thinking of an event at confluence park.  We want to build community, have fun, do a WeeBOT on steroids. Perhaps host a block party or alley event.  We will come up with something definitive by the next meeting.

Presidents Notes:

The next WeeBOT is May 29 at Machete. 

LoDo Bites is June 18 – please try and attend.

Jack made a motion that we approve the slate of officers for the year.  (Josh Davies President; Terry Hershey Vice President; Lara Davies Secretary; Jim Merrill; Treasurer).  David seconded this and all were in favor.  The motion passed.

Next Meeting - The meeting was adjourned at 7:08 pm and the next meeting will be June 16, 2014 at 5:30 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Lara Davies, Secretary