September 2014 LoDoNA Board Meeting Minutes

MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

OF THE LOWER DOWNTOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION

HELD September 8, 2014

Pursuant to proper notice, a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Lower Downtown Neighborhood Association was held on September 8, 2014 beginning at 5:30 p.m.  The meeting was adjourned at 7:06 pm.  In attendance were: Josh Davies, Andrew Guerra, David Hughes, Joyce Lozow, TJ Johnson, Carol Pike, Cat Tatman, and Jenny Usaj.

Josh Davies chaired the meeting and Jenny Usaj recorded the minutes.

GNC:

There was a discussion about GNAs and why business owners should want to sign them.  It was noted that GNA organizations should get WeeBoT priority.  They could also get a website ad, newsletter ad with links to their website.  TJ made a motion that we move forward with this plan.  All were in favor and the motion passed.

The GNC will need a new President around November.

Finances:

Jim's gave a financial update.  We are doing well.

Advocacy Committee:

Jenny reported that the Survey Monkey on bar closing times is on its way around to neighbors.  

Social Committee:

We will not be having a Rally in the Alley/Between the Streets event.

LoDo Cares Holiday Project:

Josh wants to repurpose an October WeeBoT social as a holiday kick off for the fundraiser and Joyce agrees.  They want to use the social as a way to get the word out about the project and the benefits for the community. 

We will use loft reps to post signs, enlist LoDo Angels to help with coordination of the project, and contact donors from last year to give again.  We raised $25,000 and had a match of $25,000 last year.

Joyce would like to just raise money versus collect boxes for the food drive.  We will also have mention of the Holiday Project at all WeeBoTs the rest of the year.  Joyce and Bill will report on the project to the group next meeting.  We also need to decide which group of non-profits we will support.   

President’s Report:

Ryan King is the new president of the LoDo District

Josh will work on seeing what efforts we can do to help ease panhandling.  

Make sure to come prepared to share feedback about how the 18th street free busses are going and the bus entrance into and out of Union Station – we will discuss this at our meeting.  

Next Meeting - The meeting was adjourned at 7:06 pm and the next meeting will be October 14, 2014 at 5:30 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Lara Davies, Secretary